Documentation from the Mid-America Regional Bargaining Association (MARBA) indicates that, outside of a brief strike by sheet metal workers which was settled in early June, labor peace is prevailing in the unionized contracting industry within Chicagoland, with several multi-year (three and six-year) contracts signed between employer organizations and unions.
Here’s a list of agreements sourced through MARBA and the Fox Valley Associated General Contractors.
[pdf-embedder url=”http://chicagoconstructionnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/negotiations-update-fox-valley-agc.pdf” title=”negotiations update fox valley agc”]
MARBA reports these contracts are due to expire in 2017:
- Cement Mason Local 11 (Areas 161, 362, & 638)
- Cement Masons Local 502
- Electricians Local 117 (inside agreement)
- Electricians Locals 134, 150, 461, 701
- Laborers District Council
- Operating Engineers (Bldg and HHU)
- Painters District Council 14
- Plumbers Local 130
- Sheet Metal Local 265
- Tech Engineers