The playgrounds at 10 neighborhood parks will be improved with $2.05 million in Tax Increment Financing (TIF) assistance approved by the City Council.
The sites were identified through the Park District’s Playground Repair Program. Each project will replace older visitor amenities with modern equipment that meets contemporary safety and accessibility standards.
The parks and funding amounts include:
- Theodore Gross Park, 2708 W. Lawrence Ave., $175,000
- Winnemac Park, 5001 N. Leavitt St., $200,000
- Frank J. Wilson Park, 4630 N. Milwaukee Ave., $345,000
- Salmon Chase Park, 4701 N. Ashland Ave., $125,000
- Broncho Billy Park, 4437 N. Magnolia Ave., $175,000
- John Wentworth Gardens Park, 3770 S. Wentworth Ave., $250,000
- George Washington Park, 5250 S. King Dr., $300.000
- John Durso Park, 421 W. Locust St., $250,000
- Brighton Park, 3501 S. Richmond St., $125,000
- Roald Amundsen Park, 6200 W. Bloomingdale Ave., $110,000