The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) says it is accepting entries for the 2018 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards.
This competition takes place each year to recognize excellence in structural engineering.
SEAOI made some additions to this year’s program: Best Industrial/Utility Project and Best Neighboring State Project (open to members of Structural Engineering Associations neighboring Illinois) as well as the re-branding of the Best Bridge category to include Transportation projects, and the Lavicka Award, which will now be awarded to a Small Firm/Small Project (less than 10 full time employees or up to $2 million).
The finalists selected by the SEAOI’s board of directors will present their projects at May Dinner Meeting on Tuesday May 8, 2018, in Chicago. The winners in each category will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on June 9, 2018.
Awards are given in the following categories:
– Juror’s Favorite/Most Innovative Structure
– Best Bridge/Transportation Project
– Best Industrial /Utility Project
– Best Renovation/Retrofit/ Preservation Project
– Best Project—over $150 million
– Best Project—$50 million up to $150 million
– Best Project—$10 million up to $50 million
– Best Project—up to $10 million
– Lavicka Award—Small Firm/Small Project
– Best Neighboring State Project—designer located in a state neighboring Illinois
Entries must be received by SEAOI by Monday, March 26.