The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) has announced the finalists for the 2017 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards.
The projects selected are:
- Chicago Riverwalk, Alfred Benesch & Co.
- Duke University Chapel, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- Hancher Auditorium Replacement Facility, University of Iowa Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Hanking Tower (Rolansberg), Halvorson and Partners – A WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff Company
- Hard Rock Stadium, Ruby+Associates, Inc.
- JTI Headquarters, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Kentucky Lake Bridge, Michael Baker International, Inc.
- River Point Tower, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- The Robey + Hollander Hotel, FOREFRONT Structural Engineers
- South Air Traffic Control Tower, O’Hare International Airport, exp US Services, Inc.
- Union Station Transit Center, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- The Viceroy, FOREFRONT Structural Engineers, Inc.
- Willis Towers Watson – Feature Stair, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Wrightwood Art Gallery Renovation, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
“We are incredibly pleased with the caliber and diversity of projects submitted this year,” SEAOI president Salvatore Di Bernardo said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to seeing the finalists present on their projects, and I encourage everyone with an interest in learning about excellence in structural engineering to attend.”
The finalists selected by the SEAOI Board of Directors will present their projects on May 2 at the association’s dinner meeting, and the winners in each category will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on June 3.