The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) has announced the projects selected as finalists in the 2020 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards.
The projects selected are:
- AIRE Ancient Baths Chicago, The Structural Group
- The Old Chicago Post Office, WSP USA
- Roselle Road Pedestrian Bridge, Ciorba Group, Inc.
- Dream Catcher, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- CTA Belmont Gateway Canopy, Cast Connex
- One Thousand Museum, DeSimone Consulting Engineers
- Columbia College Chicago Student Center, Rockey Structures, LLC
- Chase Center, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Tower 12, Cary Kopczynski & Company
- Willis Tower Repositioning, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- 727 W Madison, WSP USA
- Winona Bridge Rehabilitation and Reconstruction, Michael Baker International
- University of Maryland College Park, Cole Field House Renovation and Reconstruction, CannonDesign
- Expo 2020 Dubai Al Wasl Trellis, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Richard J. Daley College Pedestrian Bridge, CannonDesign
- 100 Mount St, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Cloud Buster, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- TH 53 Rouchleau Mine Bridge, Parsons
“In light of the uncertainty and ‘new normal’ the COVID-19 response has created in the built world, we were pleasantly surprised with the number of qualified project submissions we received this year,” SEAOI presidentChristine Freisinger said in a statement. “The SEAOI Board and staff are looking forward to opening up our most popular dinner meeting of the year as a free virtual event, and we’re excited to celebrate the finalists and announce the category winners during our virtual Annual Awards event at the end of June.”
For more information about the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards, and to register for the Finalists Present event, visit www.SEAOI.org.