Lean Construction Institute (LCI) Chicago CoP (Community of Practice) has scheduled a technology exploration event about augmented reality “that will demonstrate how general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers are using technology that help innovate and create lean spaces.”
The program on Aug. 11 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. will provide “project approaches from industry leaders and visionaries on how they are able to leverage technology to enhance the Lean Initiatives and project outcomes,” the announcement says.
- Mortenson Construction Virtual Reality Lab focuses on the engagement with the architectural, construction and design disciplines to explore ways to enhance the overall project throughout the design and collaboration process.From this event you will walk away with project approaches from industry leaders and visionaries on how they are able to leverage technology to enhance the Lean Initiatives and project outcomes;
- The Hill Group Technology Solutions Team will demonstrate their capabilities with Building Information Modeling to provide the highest value during the design, estimating, modeling, coordination, prefabrication and construction phases;
- DIRTT Environmental Solutions will show their proprietary gaming based software called ICE that follows the design intent, plan view, 3D view and instantaneous pricing and its integration into VR to build upon the design experience to confirm design certainty. Taking it one step further, DIRTT’s ICEreality will blend the world of virtual and real for a power mixed reality design experience;
- LIFT Technologies is a UAV solution from built from Clayco’s internal research supporting full design-build construction projects. See how it creates optimal flight plans, provides UAV operators and FAA compliance capabilities; and
- Ghafari Associates will present vPlanner, a new visual planning software to facilitate collaborative design and construction management. It is designed to streamline project pull-planning activities, particularly in multi-discipline situations.
This will be an open forum.
Attendance fee is $85, or $75 for LCI, AGC,AIA or COAA member or guests. The program is at DIRTT Environmental Solutions
325 North Wells, 10th Floor. You can register at this link.