The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) says entries are now being accepted for the 2017 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards. This design competition takes place each year to recognize excellence in structural engineering.
The finalists selected by the SEAOI Board of Directors will present their projects at the group’s May 2 dinner meeting and the winners in each category will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on June 3.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Jurors’ Favorite/Most Innovative Structure
- Best Renovation/Retrofit Project
- Best Bridge/Transportation Project
- Best Project – > $150 Million
- Best Project – $50 Million to $150 Million
- Best Project – $5 Million to $50 Million
- Best Project – $1 Million to $5 Million
- Lavicka Award (up to $1 Million)
Entries must be received by SEAOI by March 24 and may be submitted online or in paper format. Read the Call for Entries for complete details and submission requirements. For more information, see www.SEAOI.org/2017awards.