Chicago-based Evergreen Real Estate Group says it has been retained to manage nine affordable housing communities comprising a total of 1,071 units across Illinois, Kansas, Ohio and Wisconsin. The assignments include a mix of affordable housing for families, seniors and people with disabilities, expanding Evergreen’s management portfolio to more than 8,500 units throughout the U.S.
As property manager, Evergreen will oversee site-level operations and, in some communities, plans to improve and upgrade the buildings using low-income housing tax credits and other subsidies, a news release says.
“Evergreen is committed to creating, preserving and managing quality affordable housing that offers those facing financial hardship a good, safe place to live and call home,” Evergreen president Steve Rappin said in a statement. “The need and demand for affordable housing continues to grow, and our broad range of experience allows us to bring creative solutions and best-in-class services to our residents, third-party owners, housing agency partners and investors.”
The new assignments include:
- Brookhaven Apartments – 181-unit affordable housing community in Gurnee, IL
- Carter Manor Apartments – 270-unit affordable community for seniors and disabled individuals in Cleveland
- Johnstown Towers – 91-unit affordable housing community in Salina, KS
- Oakdale Plaza Apartments – 38-unit affordable housing community in Salina, KS
- Legacy Lofts – 64-unit mixed-income housing community in Milwaukee
- The Martha Washington Apartments – 104-unit affordable senior community in Chicago
- Martin Avenue Apartments – 122-unit affordable senior community in Naperville, IL
- Neosho Plaza Apartments – 33-unit affordable housing community in Council Grove, KS
- Neilan Park Apartments – 168-unit affordable housing community in Hamilton, Ohio