The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) says it has started accepting entries for the 2019 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards.
Finalists selected by the SEAOI Board of Directors will present their projects at the group’s May dinner meeting on May 7 in Chicago. Then winners in each category will be selected by the Judges listed below, and announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on June 22.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Juror’s Favorite/Most Innovative Structure
- Best Bridge/Transportation Project
- Best Industrial /Utility Project
- Best Renovation/Retrofit/ Preservation Project
- Best Project—over $150 million
- Best Project—$50 million up to $150 million
- Best Project—$10 million up to $50 million
- Best Project—up to $10 million
- Lavicka Award—Small Firm/Small Project
- Best Neighboring State Project—designer located in a state neighboring Illinois
2019 Judges are:
- Mike Pfeffer, vice-president of architecture at Related Midwest, LLC representing construction/development;
- Kevin Carmody, group publisher at V1 Media/Informed Infrastructure Magazine representing media;
- Rebekah Scheinfeld, commissioner of Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) representing government;
- Robert Forest, partner at Adrian Smith Gordon Gill Architecture representing architecture;
- Gianluca Cusatis, associate professor of civil and environmental engineering at Northwestern University representing academia; and
- Danielle Kleinhans, president/CEO at Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute representing structural engineering.
Entries must be received by SEAOI by Monday March 25.