Have you explored the Construction Industry Compliance Assistance (CICA) Center yet? The Associated General Contractors (AGC)-supported website is a unique, free resource on environmental compliance and sustainability that is open to the entire U.S. construction industry, the Chicago Builders Association (BA) reports.
Some 14,000 visitors access the CICA Center each month to:
- Learn which state and federal environmental regulations apply to your project;
- Identify which environmental permits you need and where and how to get them;
- Locate and download specific state and federal regulations and permit application forms;
- Connect with regulators and experts who can help you understand environmental rules and how to comply; and
- Track the latest construction-specific news on key environmental actions, deadlines, requirements, and initiatives.
The CICA Center is a virtual clearing house of resources on the top rules you will need to keep track of on your construction projects. The AGC says the center provides information about air emissions, diesel engines, dredge and fill permits, energy codes, endangered species, environmental management systems, green, lead based paint, recycling, resilience, solid/hazardous waste, spill prevention and controls, stormwater, sustainability, wetlands, and even safety resources.
The CICA Center is brought to you by AGC of America and National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS). Portions of the center are funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) through a cooperative agreement for compliance assistance centers.
For more information, contact Melinda Tomaino at email@example.com or (703) 837-5415.