The Chicago Architectural Club (CAC), in affiliation with this year’s Chicago Architecture Biennial (CAB), has started accepting entries for the 2015 Burnham Prize Competition: Currencies of Architecture.
“Inspired by the title of the inaugural Chicago Architecture Biennial—The State of the Art of Architecture— the Chicago Architectural Club’s 2015 Burnham Prize challenges participants to develop a single image that represents a strong point of view that explores the question: What is the State of the Art of Architecture today?,” the CAC says “The competition allows the CAC to champion the work of a new generation of architects and seeks contributions that foster vigorous debates on the fundamental issues of the state of the art of architecture.”
CAC says there is “no set architectural program for this competition; the interpretation of artifact as image is left to the discretion of the entrant.”
This is a speculative ideas competition. There is no set architectural program for this competition; the interpretation of artifact as image is left to the discretion of the entrant.
Competition milestones include:
- June 25, 2015 : Competition Launched with Online Registration & Question and Answer Period opens*
- July 31, 2015: Question and Answer Period closes
- Aug. 24, 2015: Online Registration closes and Submission are due at noon CST
- Sept. 14, 2015: Jury Meeting
- Oct. 8, 2015: Winners Announced and Exhibition Opening Event*Answers to all questions will be posted to the competition website.
Registration is $90 for professionals and $50 for students. For registration information, visit chicagoarchitecturalclub.org for more information and to access the registration form.