Bridge Development Partners says it has signed a total of 880,000 sq. ft. of leases signed in the Chicagoland market this year. Since January, Bridge has secured tenants in five industrial facilities across the Chicago-area, namely in its Wood Dale, Franklin Park, Downers Grove, Bridge Point North, and Fountain Square developments.
Bridge currently has eight projects underway in the Chicagoland area totaling 4.7 million sq. ft., including Bridge Point Itasca, three facilities totaling 741,621 sq. ft. in the DuPage County portion of the O’Hare Submarket, and Bridge Point Bedford Park, a Class-A infill development encompassing 219,267 sq. ft.
“We’re extremely proud of the leasing activity in our Chicago region just halfway through 2019,” said COO and partner Steve Groetsema. “The work we’ve done to rehabilitate these previously infill sites is attracting a superior roster of tenants – many in the logistics and shipping industry – to each development. We hope to lease up the remaining square footage by the end of 2019.”
- Forward Space entered into a long-term lease for 100,378 sq. ft. at Bridge Point Wood Dale, located at 700 N. Wood Dale Road in Wood Dale. Forward Space is a woman-owned, Steelcase authorized commercial furniture dealership that provides office furniture, workplace planning, procurement and delivery/installation in multiple locations across the Chicagoland area. Bridge Point Wood Dale is currently 30 percent leased across its two buildings.
- Mainfreight Logistics committed to a long-term lease for 92,915 sq. ft. at Bridge Point Franklin Park Building III, located at 10701 Franklin Avenue in Franklin Park. Mainfreight is a global logistics provider operating across the U.S., Australia, China, Europe, and New Zealand. With its addition, Bridge Point Franklin Park’s three buildings are currently 43 percent leased.
- Coopers Hawk signed a long-term lease for 24,495 sq. ft. at Bridge Point Downers Grove Building I at 3600 Lacey Rd. in Downers Grove. Coopers Hawk Winery & Restaurants is a modern casual dining franchise specializing in handcrafted wines, with locations across the United States.
- ThyssenKrupp Engineering also signed a long-term lease for 25,632 sq. ft. at Bridge Point Downers Grove Building I. ThyssenKrupp is a German multinational conglomerate that provides services to a wide range of industries, including: energy generation/distribution, aerospace, mechanical and plant engineering, shipbuilding, transportation, automotive, infrastructure, construction, mining, metals and chemicals.
- Remedi SeniorCare entered into a long-term lease for 56,231 sq. ft. at Bridge Point Downers Grove Building I as well. Remedi delivers innovative pharmacy solutions nationwide, enabling facilities to provide personalized, patient-centered care through technology and clinical expertise. Bridge Point Downers Grove’s three buildings are currently 16 percent leased.
- Thermoflex signed a long-term lease at Bridge Point North Building V for the entire facility, which encompasses 228,252 sq. ft., located at 1350 Bridge Dr. in Waukegan. Thermoflex has developed and produced automotive accessories such as all-weather floor and cargo mats, protectors, exterior trim applications, and more for over 60 years, and is in its fourth generation of family management in Waukegan. Bridge Point North is currently 68 percent leased.
- Bulletproof Logistics & Distribution has signed a long-term lease for 98,428 square feet, as well as a 67,479-sq. ft. expansion space at Fountain Square Commerce Center Building II, located at 600Remington Boulevard in Bolingbrook. Headquartered in Canada and expanding their presence to the U.S., Bulletproof is a full-service warehousing, distribution and fulfillment logistics provider that reduces overall supply chain costs for clients across a range of industries.
- eShipping also signed a long-term lease at Fountain Square Commerce Building II, for 98,428 sq. ft. eShipping is a logistics and transportation management company focused on carrier and freight optimization, providing clients with complete visibility of their entire supply chain. It is headquartered in Missouri and holds regional offices across the U.S.
- LEGS Transport has signed a long-term lease for 38,899 sq. ft. at Fountain Square Commerce Center Building III, which is located at 640 Remington Blvd. in Bolingbrook. LEGS is a freight cargo logistics, shipping and trucking company in the Chicago area.
- L3DFX also signed a long-term lease for 47,021 sq. ft. at Fountain Square Commerce Center Building III. L3DFX is Chicagoland’s leading custom creative design studio, designing and building theming, props, immersive environments, interactive experiences, and more. The existing four buildings at Fountain Square Commerce Center are now 92.5 percent leased.Building V, which will total 218,754 sq. ft. once complete, is scheduled to break ground next month.